Support to help you pay your deposit

If you don't have the money to pay for a deposit or bond you should contact your local Housing Options Team who will direct you to the options that are best for you.

Seren Living Bond Scheme provide a Bond Guarantee Scheme for people on low incomes who can't afford to pay a deposit. This scheme is supported by Newport Council.

You will need to ask your prospective landlord whether they will accept a Bond Guarantee certificate rather than a deposit.

Newport Council has a Discretionary Housing Payment scheme, which can be used in some circumstances to provide financial assistance for people experiencing hardship to enable them to pay a deposit. To find out more about the Discretionary Housing Payment scheme you should contact The Information Station, Old Station Buildings, Queensway, Newport, NP20 4AX. Tel: 01633 656656.